-
Knoppix 8.1 don’t find its boot media
I have Knoppix 8.1 from the Linux Magazine. When I boot from the DVD I can see Knoppix Welcome screen. When I give the command knoppix64 in the boot prompt Knoppix begins to scan my harddrives but do not find ”itself” in the cd-slot and then stops.
My computer has an ordinary Bios not UEFI.
I managed to solve that problem. I wrote knoppix64 /dev/sr0 in the command prompt.
But this is the problem I hope someone can help me with:
I installed Knoppix using the install function in Knoppix to a flashdisk with a persistence partition. Now I have the same problem as above. It scans the drives but cannot find the usb-stick.
Gparted in Knoppix tells me the usb-drive is sdg with two partitions /dev/sdg1 and /dev/sdg2 for the persistence partition.
No boot with the command ”Knoppix64 /dev/sdg1”
What command should I use?
Is this a bug or not? In my opinion yes.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00